CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The people you trust?!?!

Friends, yes I know what an overused topic. Many people write about it, but this is about friends in general. This blog is not about MY friends or anyone else it is just how I generally feel about them. Friends there super great, but they can be super bad. In the dictionary the definition of friends is "A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts." This is true if this person is really your friend. Although a friend means someone that you can trust, people can misuse the word. They can say they are your friend but they really are not. They could be using you to get up in life, to get something or someone, to make someone mad, or to hurt you. They could be hanging out with you as a joke or to see what you are talking about. Some people will be your "friend" for a while because they are having a fight with their real friend. Sometimes we are blind to these things because we trust them with all our heart or think they are always there for us. You might see them hurting you but you like them so much that you over look it. The definition says that you know the person. It may be speaking of just knowing who they are, their name. If I were to write the dictionary my definition is to really know them. The things about them that make them special. Their feelings about the world, their morals, what they believe in, and what will upset them. If you don't know about someones morals then the way you have been raised and the way they have will clash. I am not saying that one way is wrong and one is right or you can't be friends with someone that does this or that. I am saying that if they will clash and fight about their differences all the time. For some they can work it out, but for me I can't because I believe in things and it is hard for me to change. I personally don't want to change my beliefs and I wont. If their are only a few things then it will work out fine. Everyone needs at least one best friend. That is really all you if it is really a real friend. A friend doesn't have to be your age or sex. A friend can be someone your related to or not related to. As my part in the play at school says, a friend can be anything you like as long you like them. A good friend is always their for you, they will stand for you, you can trust them with the world, and you can look at them and tell what they are thinking. Friends are a place to fall if you need to sometimes. You cant take things all the time sometimes you just need to be upset. Most friendships end usually for stupid reasons that don't really matter. Sometimes people get tired of each other things happen and you cant make them be your friend. Friends can hurt you as much as they help you. They might tell something that only they know about you. They could make up lies about you. It doesn't matter what it is it still hurts. It hurts if someone you have trusted in all this time just does things to you. It seems like all that time you spent with them goes up in smoke. I know these things from experience and from observing. Friends is a big IF.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kaitlyn, This is a really good blog. I really liked it. And by the way, I have the same layout as you! But not really.
-Riki

nancy said...

I think you're so right. It's hard to tell sometimes if someone is really your friend or not. I never realized that there was so much to you, if that makes sense. I think you are an awesome writer.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog it's so true!!!! I agree with you when you say friends can hurt you as much as they can help you!!! Your a great writer!!!

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome writer. So deep. I know, I've had friends like that. So true. Love the blog!